Simple idea, great result.
(Click on any image to view it full-size)
Day oneTings needed for the sponge
This was not in the recipe, but I want the cake to be of a cocoa-flavor
I've added 10g of cocoa powder
And into the oven
Cutting the sponge to get 3 layers
Strawberries as the filling
Boiling it a bit so that they are softer
(after 30 minutes)
This damn gelatin doesn't turn solid...
Big problems ahead because of this
I used water + lemon juice so that the sponge won't be dry
This doesn't look too good...
The sponge sinks. The filling does not support the sponge!
This doesn't look good. If the filling won't become more solid,
the cake will end in the bin.
Day twoIt stays together. YES! VICTORY!!
I forgot to take the butter out of the fridge.
Quick water bath should do.
In here I need only albumen.
Adding like a ton of sugar.
Albumen to be mixed till fluffy
The filling started to melt a bit.
Not good, not good.
I've put it back in the fridge before applying second layer.
That goes in the fridge.
The cake will have a chocolate drip.
Water bath to melt the chocolate.
Le cake without chocolate drip.
Le cake with chocolate drip.
At this stage, this cake is done.
This is what I wanted to achieve.
So my flat-mate had birthday recently.
I was like "Let me continue with the cake"
So I've written the name on it.
Some balloons and candles...
~~Happy Birthday, Monika!~~
After a strong *puff*
The cake looked so nice, that I've centered it and
made a 1920x1080 wallpaper out of it